Friday, November 27, 2009

Air TV and the movie


The plot for AIR TV and movie is about a homeless street performer Yukito, who is trying to find the winged girl in the sky (a fairytale he learned from his now deceased mother.) He arrives to this town with nothing, but a puppet and an empty stomach. Misuzu, a girl who desperately wants a friend, offers him a place at her house with her adopted mom. Because of the fact that he suspects Misuzu is the winged girl in the sky, he accepts. And, thus begins the story.

Well, I heard how good this series was from a very good friend of mine and she highly recommended it. So, naturally, I wanted to try it. And, I somewhat recently finished watching the entire show.

I have to say, I really liked and appreciated AIR. The art was very pretty. There was a lot of detail. The plot was very nice and enjoyable. The music was also nice and didn't overdo it. Misuzu, Kana, Haruka(the adopted mother/aunt), and Yukito were, in my opinion, the best characters on the show.

On the other hand, although the plot was good, I think it started to slow down too much later on. And, I didn't dislike them, but I didn't understand the purpose of the two other girls Kano and Minagi. And, I wished that the show explored the realationship of Yukito and Misuzu and Misuzu and Haruka a little more. They both so interesting and heartwarming. Then, I really didn't understand the ending to the TV version(there's two different ending.) It was a little confusing to me.

So, I'm going to give this a three and a half out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment