Thursday, December 18, 2008

Fruits Basket


I had gotten the complete series for my thirteenth birthday, a few years ago. It definately was a very good series. The artwork was also, good (However, Yuki didn't look really girly in the anime as much as he did in the book), and the plot was good, the characters are lovable (Except maybe for Akito), and the humor in the show was funny (Especially Kagura).

On the other hand, the series only lasts up to volume 6 in the manga. Because of that, some secrets that are reveiled in the manga series, aren't shown in the anime ( I suppose that's because the manga wasn't either created yet, or the series hadn't got to those points.) Also, it isn't very clear who Tohru loves in the anime, than in the manga. I would recommend this to someone who can live with very mild romance in the show, and more comedy.

I would rate this four out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment