Saturday, March 28, 2009

Matantei Loki Ragnarok


The plot: Loki is a god who was banished for reasons unknown and swears to find a way to come back, to the world of the gods. The story starts with mystery fanatic Mayura Daidouji, who had found a mysterious talking, but creepy doll. Thinking she found a way to become a celebrity, she takes it. Later on, the doll goes missing and Mayura finds a detective agency that is ran by a small boy (Loki.) At first, he declines the case, but takes an interest in it. I won't go further into the episode, but Mayura is in most of the episodes, because she forced her way into becoming Loki's other assistant (which Loki isn't too pleased about.)



I had started Matantei Loki Ragnarok, when I was thirteen. And, I just recently found all the episodes and finished. Anyway, this is my opinion.

For one, I loved the artwork! I thought both the manga and the anime had great artwork. The plot was really good. I thought it was very endearing. The characters were all lovable. Each of the personalities matched everyone perfectly. I particularly liked Heimdall, Mayura and Loki. The comedy in the series was very funny.

On the other hand, I didn't like how it was a little on the shallow side. And, I heard the anime left us off on a bit of a dissapointing end, making us think there will be a second season.

All in all, I give this a four out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment