Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ouran High School Host Club



I had started this unusual, but charming series before the new year at school started. I have watched all of the episodes, but haven't read the manga books, yet. Anyway, here's my thought on Ouran High School Host Club:

For one, I was impressed with the plot. I also liked the artwork in the anime. I liked the heroine in the series, Haruhi Fujioka. I thought it was interesting to see a young woman dress up as a boy and go to a special school, just so she can become a lawyer (the school only allowed men to go the school for free, if they were poor.) And, I also liked how Haruhi was very independent. It was a nice change. I also liked the main male protagonist in the series, Tamaki Souh (Who I've heard isn't the most popular character.) I thought it was interesting to see that Tamaki's personality was very different from most men in shoujos. Usually, the men would be dark, bad tempered, and grumpy. Where as, Tamaki was very naive, caring, almost the complete opposite, basically. Which was very nice.

On other hand, the artwork for the manga was too soft. I couldn't almost see it. Then, I thought
the character, Hunny, I thought he was too much like Momiji Sohma from Fruits Basket, that it wasn't original.

Well, all in all, I would give this series a four out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment