Sunday, March 22, 2009

Millennium Snow



The plot: The story is centered on sweet, but deathly ill seventeen-year-old Chiyuki. As a child, because of her heart condition, it was said she wouldn't live to be fifteen (basically it's a miracle that's she's lived this long.) One day, she meets eighteen-year-old Touya Kano (a vampre that can't stand the sight or smell of blood.) It is tradition for a vampire of eighteen, to find a human partner to live for a thousand years, but he would have to drink blood. Wanting to take the position as partner, Chiyuki tries to persuade him, but it hasn't worked.

I found this book in a store the other day and I immediately picked up, interested. I bought mainly because it's the same creator of Ouran High School Host Club (That and it's about vampires.) So, I've only read half of the series and I'm on the look out for the last volume (There's only two manga books.) Anyway, here's my thoughts:

On the positive side, I liked the moral of the idea about what if you lived practically forever. I thought it well done that way. Then, I liked the character Touya. I thought he made a very good vampire.

On the other hand, I thought the plot was too much like Full Moon Wo Sagashite and Twilight mixed together. Then, the character Satsuki Akiyoshi got on my nerves a little bit. Then, I thought the triangle between Touya/Chiyuki/Satsuki was too much like Twilight for me. I liked the series though. Then, the artwork was not as soft as Ouran, but she could've done better.

I give this a three out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment