Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya


The plot: Kyon is a freshman boy who only wishes for a normal high school life. Well, that wish doesn't come true when he meets Haruhi Suzumiya. A girl who wishes for her life to be filled with aliens, time travelers and espers. Tired of not finding any clubs that are paranormal centered, Haruhi starts the S.O.S brigade, a club that deals with the supernatural. Kyon, much to his chargin, gets dragged in the club, along with others. And, thus begin this wacky, but charming series.


I have heard very much about how good Haruhi Suzumiya is. And I thought I could try it to see if it was to my taste, and I have to say that it has rendered me almost speechless. Because of the chaotic conflict that goes on. Anyway, here's my thoughts on the series.

First of all, I thought this was a very unique series. That's the best trait about the series. I loved the artwork. It certainly makes you wonder what will happen next? Then, I liked Haruhi. I thought, even though she was made out to be a bit spoiled, I thought she made an interesting character.

On the other hand, the first episode was very confusing. It was mainly there for comedic reasons (Not to say I didn't like it.) But, if someone were to miss it and go to the second episode, you wouldn't really miss anything. Then, it's a little confusing. If you miss an episode, you feel like you missing a big portion of the series.

All in all, I would give this a three out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment